View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #66
washout04
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Maybe BMW execs see their volumes tanking right now on the F20 since only now the A-class, A3, Golf VII and V40 all hit together very strong with less polarizing alternatives to the prospected buyers? I agree it would not be logical to do this so early, but then again, bringing this poor mutant to life like this wasn't logical either.

Maybe they stopped being so idiosyncratic in design and pulled their heads out of their behinds? Having seen the marvellous 4 concept I can even believe they start to listen again to their dominant customers opinions and not only a virtual Asian market?
I agree. I love the F20, but it is clear the market does not and all the complains seem to centre around the front end. All reviews mention it and most people you talk to don't like it (even our dealer doesn't like the look).

Personally I think to not change the look in 2013 would be nothing short of automotive suicide. I am a Beemer fanboy and I will admitt that in this segment and without a facelift the combination of the new golf, new A class and Volvo V40 will kill sales of the f20. While this may be unfair as In my opinion the 1 series has the best interior, best handling and sportiest looks (with M Kit), I think they have to react.
Appreciate 0