View Single Post
      01-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #13
hardlix
Rep
Drives: 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
I'm sorry, I can't tell any humming come and go. Dampers squishing is quite some decoration though, at first I thought it was it, but then noticed your bridge detail - wise choice of the place!

Incidentally: does your car happen to possess an automatic gearbox? High speed = high gear. You could try to sort it out by going down the gear range in the semi-automatic "manual" mode. (Just don't let the engine noise conceal the sound.)
Well actually the noise is amplified most when driving on the bridge My car is AT, I had noticed that the sound happen in a range 90 - 110km/h with or without accelerating. Dealer had suggested that it probably the tire though they are not sure, I'm getting tired of this and just let it be.

[QUOTE=The battery must be seldom charged properly. Take longer rides more often or use a charger to fill it up. I would also (and I do in fact) skip auto start/stop usage due to infrequent, but frequently short rides.[/QUOTE]

I had taken the car to the dealer recently and the auto start/stop suddenly worked perfectly but right after I took the car home it never work again. Dealer suggested that they could "reset" the car's software and the car pretty much "learn" how frequently I use the function, if I don't use it much and it seldom work

[QUOTE=It was a common issue with the early cars. Fixable. I just can't tell you if it takes lubrication only to dismiss the issue forever or some minor part replacement - never experienced that myself. Try to search or ask the dealer.[/QUOTE]

Dealer had added some crease and now the noise is gone
Appreciate 0