View Single Post
      12-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #12
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardlix View Post
The file is in the attachment, in the first 30s you can spot the repeated humming noise, I recorded the sound while driving on the bridge.
I'm sorry, I can't tell any humming come and go. Dampers squishing is quite some decoration though, at first I thought it was it, but then noticed your bridge detail - wise choice of the place!

Incidentally: does your car happen to possess an automatic gearbox? High speed = high gear. You could try to sort it out by going down the gear range in the semi-automatic "manual" mode. (Just don't let the engine noise conceal the sound.)

Quote:
Auto start/stop seldom working
The battery must be seldom charged properly. Take longer rides more often or use a charger to fill it up. I would also (and I do in fact) skip auto start/stop usage due to infrequent, but frequently short rides.

Quote:
squeak/creak when turning the steering wheel
It was a common issue with the early cars. Fixable. I just can't tell you if it takes lubrication only to dismiss the issue forever or some minor part replacement - never experienced that myself. Try to search or ask the dealer.
Appreciate 0