View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #67
Mazzie78
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i sport (F20)

I have my Alpine white 116i since September and have had the following minor problems:
- BMW Live not working (I won't work according to my dealer and BMW Netherlands in my country). I find this very disappointing and made a complaint to BMW Netherlands and still waiting for a reply
- Front brakes makes a noise
- Have had my first flat tyre ever! Sensor first showed all tyres flat (2 times over)

A rather major issue:
- I got a message my steering was not working on my display. Electric steering was gone, it was impossible to steer. After stop and starting the car again I could steer again, but when turning a corner the steering wheel wouldn't go back when you release the wheel. The car has had a software update?? and this was according my dealer part of a recall.

What i'm still a bit afraid of, this is the same engine I had in my Mini Cooper S (R56) and this engine could have a cold start rattle and ended up in using lot's of oil. Same for the THP engine which are in the renault's and peugeot's. So I hope they have improved it for the BMW's

Apart for the rather major issue I'm still very pleased with my car and it's a joy to drive everyday!
Appreciate 0