06-19-2014, 12:44 AM   #8
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
If your pad material is currently papier mache, that's a great idea.

Otherwise run as fast as you can away from Greenstuffs. I have never, ever had such a dangerous, poor performing pad that actually disintegrated within 10,000km as with Greenstuffs.

BMW OEM pads are more than fine for fast road and a few laps of your local circuit, with Ferodo DS2500 being the first step up from there. I don't find them that harsh on Rotors - at least on my Clio and on previous Subarus.
It has to be said that I have also had some sets of DS2500 on my BMWs, and I see them as very similar as Greenstuff. For me they have had the same life length (around 10 000 km), and same resistance to fading. Very close to stock pads, but more expensive than Greenstuff. Not as good as Yellowstuff R.

My main problem with stock pads, Greenstuff and DS2500, is that when they get really warm (as in after a day on the track), they go soft and slippery. That means several days with low brake pedal before that outer layer wears off.

If you want real brake performance, go with pads from Performance Friction or Hawk. The racing pads give more bite, and a lot more resistance to fading. The downside is the metallic dust that burns into the paint on the wheels, and perhaps some squealing.
Appreciate 0