View Single Post
      02-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #2616
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Gallup Poll: Unemployment back up to 9% in Mid-February

Recent Gallup Poll has shown a dramatic increase in unemployment, rising from the 8.3% Mid-Jan levels to a new 9% Mid-Feb level. That's a 0.7% increase in one month! Of course, in that long article I wrote a while back, I told you guys about how the unemployment picture was indeed NOT getting better, and that post-January we would begin to see the real data coming out again. Here's the real data:

For those not familiar with Gallup:

Quote:
Gallup's mid-month unemployment reading, based on the 30 days ending Feb. 15, serves as a preliminary estimate of the U.S. government report, and suggests the Bureau of Labor Statistics will likely report on the first Friday of March that its seasonally adjusted unemployment rate increased in February.
Quote:
The U.S. unemployment rate, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, is 9.0% in mid-February, up from 8.6% for January. The mid-month reading normally reflects what the U.S. government reports for the entire month, and is up from 8.3% in mid-January.

EDIT: I'm just also going to follow up with that Iranian warship story. Here's a new video from today.

US Senate backs use of Military Force against Iran

Last edited by Vanity; 02-19-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0