12-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #71
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Is it likely that there will be a video review as well when TG gets back on the air? And of course, a lap by The Stig? I'd love to see how it does around the track compared to the 1M.
+1. Would love to watch that.

For now, 1M has the fastest ever time among any BMW that they lapped, including F10 M5, E92 M3 and E46 M3 CSL, this both before and after we deduct their suggested times (wet, damp, cold etc.). Can't guess what time M135i may do but I bet it will be yet another great time.

Reminder for whoever likes to get deeper in this:

1M time was 1.25.0 minutes, damp and 1.23.0 after -2 sec. deduction that they suggest.

Closest BMW was F10 M5 with 1.29.2, but "very wet", with -6 sec. deduction comes to 1.23.2 which I call as close as it gets!

Nominally, second best time for a BMW was 1.25.3 for E90 M3 sedan which was a dry lap, so no deductions.

Below is full list and notes on deductions, lap conditions etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ower_Lap_Times
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0