SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Same dilema

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
I'm still torn between choosing the sdrive MT or AT, or the xdrive AT...

I like the MT for spirited driving sessions, I like the AT when commuting in slow rush hour traffic. (which is like... every other day in my case)
And I wonder if the xdrive really is as good (and also fun) as some say in this thread.

My car goes in production later this month, I have a few days left to make up my mind and finalise the config.

BY any chance there wouldn't be any Belgians around here who already have an M135i with AT or xdrive, and want to take me for a spin ?

I faced exactly the same dilemma. I really disliked every AT I've ever owned and really liked the MTs, but the M135i AT kept getting such good reviews.

So now I've got mine and can say without doubt that I'm damned glad I ordered AT. The transmission shifts so quickly and hooks up so directly that its nothing like the previous slush boxes I hated so much. Come into a sharp bend, brake late, double tap the down shift paddle, turn in then get back on the gas to clip the apex....makes spirited driving and fast downshifts possible that you simply couldn't do with an MT....and that from an AT hater.
Appreciate 0