01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #54
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Some new quotes from autozeitung on the latest test of the 335i xDrive:

"Ob der Allradantrieb den Fahrspaß einschränkt? Nicht der xDrive von BMW."
--> Is xDrive reducing the driving pleasure? Not with this xDrive.

"Wie positiv sich xDrive auf das Fahrverhalten auswirkt, wird aber schon auf trockener Piste deutlich. Sorgte der enorme Schub ab knapp über Leerlaufdrehzahl beim Hecktriebler wegen des nach außen drängenden Hecks für frühzeitige Regeleingriffe des DSC (ESP), so kommentiert der Allradler spontane Leistungsausbrüche erfreulich neutral. Auch mit zusätzlich angetriebenen Vorderrädern bleiben die feine Rückmeldung in der Lenkung und die präzise Umsetzung der Lenkbefehle erhalten."
--> The positive impact of xDrive on the road composure, becomes already clear on none slippery roads. Seen the abundant power, the RWD is already facing difficulties then and the electronics need to contain the tail slipping away. In contrast, the xDrive allows pleasing neutral power access. Also with the Front wheels getting to distribute part of the torque, the steering feedback and precision remain intact.

So this another magazine preferring the xDrive version. Most definitely, those guys are also better drivers than I am, so...

I can only assume that the positive effect on the M135i will even be bigger than on the 335i.
Appreciate 0