View Single Post
      11-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 430i GC

I recently was in the market for a new truck. The choice was between the 2016 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon, or the 2016 Tacoma.

The Tacoma was the first truck I looked at, with the particular specimen being a very well equipped four door model with four-wheel drive. First thing I noticed was the lack of rear disc brakes. That immediately made me think about what other corners might have been cut by Toyota. Also, I did not like the position of the driver's seat; way too low in my opinion.

Next up was the Chevy dealer. The Colorado has sort of a sporty appearance, almost like that of a "Camaro-truck." I found a silver 4x4 crew cab model with every available option that I liked, but the seats again were an issue. This time, the problem was with the firmness of the backrest. They were too firm for me, and the trim level I wanted kept me from optioning different ones.

I remembered reading about the GMC Canyon, and how the styling was different from the Colorado both inside and out. When I went and looked in person, I preferred the exterior styling, and found the interior to be much more upscale than the Chevy Colorado. They had one on the lot I liked, and I bought it.

I really wanted to like the Tacoma, but I couldn't. Ive been a Chevy/GM guy most of my life, and now I can add GMC to the list.

Oh, and don't forget BMW.
2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0