View Single Post
      11-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #23
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

When I was looking at trucks a few years ago I didn't need the towing capacity of a full size. The mid size was easier to maneuver and parallel park in the city. I looked at the Tacoma, Frontier and Ridgeline. I was surprised at how small the Tacoma and Frontier were inside. It only offered the same shoulder room as a Toyota Camry. Then I looked at the Honda Ridgeline. I was surprised at how spacious it was inside - it offered the same amount of shoulder room as the Toyota Tundra. It's also the only mid-size truck that could fit 4x8 sheets of sheetrock/plywood flat in the bed. The trunk was nice to stash a good amount of tools and emergency items. It definitely has a niche market, but it fit my needs best as a suburban family truck that does everything the full size can do except go rock crawling or tow a large trailer/boat. It can tow a boat up to about 21 feet just fine though which is big enough for me. As far as the Ridgeline vs Tacoma, the only advantage of the Tacoma is that it can go off-road and also offers an extended bed option. The advantage of the Ridgeline is more cabin space, more refined interior, an in-bed trunk for stowing emergency gear, and a flat bed (no protruding wheel wells). They are pretty much the same in other respects.

Last edited by Twixboy; 11-23-2015 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0