View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
stifla
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i

fading rubber seals around windows

Guys I took my wifes m135i in for its first service - car has done 6000kms and its hit over a year. The car was washed and cleaned by them. A few days later my wife calls me and says whats wrong with my rubber seals around the windows. I checked it out when I got home and its faded quite bad. Not just one spot but all around the windows on both sides. Kinda looks milky. I took the car back and the guy told me its rubber thats how it gets! I told him seriously a garaged car used for shopping kids and hardly driven I can expect this! He said I need to maintain it! I told him my car sits outside has done 10 times the kms and the rubbers are still new. I told him I bet a 10k kia wouldnt have faded rubbers! He applied some solution which helped but it didnt solve the issue. I told him so after every wash I got to apply something. seriously! he asked me to follow it up with the regional technical manager which I will. He also didnt believe it happened after they washed it! My question is has anyone else experienced such poor quality window seals? I will be pursuing it to swap them all out. My only concern is how good of a job they would do
Appreciate 0