iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt T
So here's a bit of video, showing the car reaching its top speed on the autobahn. The car still has plenty of power at around 180-190 kmh, but after that it's working pretty hard to get up to 230.

It's not a very practical speed to be driving at - the steering is getting twitchy, the noise is tremendous, and it's using a ton of fuel. And it's also hard/unsafe to do in any sort of traffic - there's a reason this video is on a nice quiet bit of autobahn. There's nothing like having someone pull out just in front of you when you're going that fast.

I tried other camera positions, wanting also to get the most engine sound and the least wind noise, but it wasn't easy. You can still hear that lovely gurgling rumble at the lower speeds, though.

Approximate, unscientifically measured times: 0-100km/h: 8 seconds. 100-200km/h: 25 seconds. 200-229km/h: 38 seconds. Although the car is hardly accelerating when it gets up towards 229, you can still definitely feel it hitting the electronic limiter.

Now, I'm probably going to be driving only in ECO-PRO mode for the next month, until I get my average fuel consumption back down to what it was before I made all these attempts at recording this.
Fantastic video- thanks for sharing. What mode do you have your centre screen sent to?
Appreciate 0