Bob UK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 18d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim73 View Post
Hi guys,

I own the car 7 months now and I have done less than 6000 km. The last few days, I have noticed the following issues:

1. Whenever I start the engine, the A/C blower starts up making noise. I turn the A/C off and then backon and sometimes the noise stops.
2. Sometimes, when I press the accelerator pedal to speed up and the A/C is on (in any fan speed setting), I hear the blower 'accelerating' too (it's coming from the engine compartment)...
3. Another weird thing about the A/C function was that with a setting of 24-25 deg C (outside temp was about 29), cold air was coming from the center and side vents but warm air was coming from the low vents (feet area). I 'fixed' it by setting the A/C lower to 18 degC.
4. Sometimes, when I drive off slowly from stand still, during the first 2-3 meters, I hear a 'whistling' sound from the front or rear (I can't make out which one) left wheel. This sound is rythmic, intermittent and follows the wheel rotation. Any ideas what might that be? Could it be a faulty bearing in the wheel hub?

I would really appreciate any suggestions on the above issues.
1.If the blower noise is a deep bassy thrum that gets very loud if you manually increase the fan speed - this is a known fault and your local dealer will fit a modified filter for you.

2.That's probably not the blower, sounds like you are hearing the turbo spinning up, pretty normal.

3.Not sure about that one possibly a sticking flap, did you have the air circulation on Auto? Every now and again it's worth setting it to manual and select each airflow position on both sides so the flaps move to the limits.

4.That could be a brake caliper sticking slightly rather than a wheel bearing.