View Single Post
      12-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #10
hardlix
Rep
Drives: 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Can you record the sound for them?

Why not the fresh ones running in? You can have your tires/wheels checked thoroughly (wear, damage, pressure, wheel balance) at a tire shop.

BMW recommends you change all the four tires at once for handling and stability. I presume the DSC light is not flashing, is it? Yet you could play with it selecting "Traction" or "DSC Off" to see if it makes any difference.

By the way, is your car equipped with the rain sensor? What's the weather when you experience the noise? I recall the rain sensor implies a brakes drying functionality (it involves the brakes slightly now and then to dismiss the water).
I did record the sound and send to dealer. The thing is the noise is easier to notice through the ear phone connecting to the phone than connecting to PC. The file is in the attachment, in the first 30s you can spot the repeated humming noise, I recorded the sound while driving on the bridge.

I got a bubble on front right tyre, so I replaced 2 front only, the runflat tyre is expensive so I want to save some money for the remaining 2 tires.

The noise happens during clear whether, I don't think the rain sensor should be involved. I think I just need to live with it as I got some new problems to deal with recently such as brake light failure, turn indicator light and reversing light failure. Auto start/stop seldom working and squeak/creak when turning the steering wheel
Attached Files
File Type: zip Noise.zip (130.7 KB, 319 views)
Appreciate 0