08-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #11
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Hi Mate !! I purchased the Hartage and Manhart tuning options to compare agaisnt the JB4 experience.... I tested the JB4 with EWG and FF wires up to about 18psi on Map 1,2,5 and a custom map 6 !! I will keep you informed what i think of the other 2 tuning solutions !! In regards to DMS and actual ECU flash tuning , I still believe that it hasent been done successfully...... here is Tony's email as at last night. We can only hope. I also have the Pure Stage 1 turbo upgrade ready for installation but will wait until im confident in my chosen tuning solution or platform prior to installation of that bad boy !!

Hi Chris,

Still issues with the encryption on these ECUs, so I have updated my engineers to the modifications you have already put into place and we should be able to get something happening for you asap.

Regards
Tony
Damn - I hope you have the option to return the tune you dont want? Thats a lot of money to spend just for testing!!! The one from TMC Motorsport seems popular here in Asia and is dirt cheap compared to almost all other options. I am thinking of giving that a try, but if a flash is on the way I would much prefer that!
I am also thinking of upgrading with the Pure Stage 1 turbo - such a shame the engine "dies" above 6000rpm.
Pleas do keep me/us updated with regards to the other piggy-back solutions - will be very interesting!