08-05-2014, 02:20 AM   #9
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Im going to do the same !! I wanst really impressed with the overall drivability of the JB 4 way to much R&D left to be sorted !! Sure WOT was noticeably improved but it was the part to low end throttle that really disappointed me with the JB4. I recently removed the JB4 and went back to stock , this is of course with all my Bolt on's Full Catless exhaust,uppipe, Charge pipe,intercooler,intake,LSD and my car is still blisteringly fast an just so much smoother without the JB4. All the weird jerkiness and inconsistency is gone. I have ordered another tuning box to try with a few more sensors. Im also in discussion with DMS who are very close at releasing a full flash tune. Only downside with removing the JB4 is i now have a CEL due to exhaust emissions - who cares !! they will code it out when i can get a real flash tune
I have the exact same experience. To be honest I just dont trust the JB4 and drive around with a fear of that next jerk in the car so I have also completely unplugged my JB4 and run stock with my mods, which seems to work just fine - thank God for that
Which other box are you looking at currently? Sound even more interesting with the DMS flash - please share any info you might have!