Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
BMW 1-Series (F20) First hand account by BimmerFile

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW 1-Series (F20) First hand account by BimmerFile
COMMENTS

It seems the guys over at BimmerFile were invited to Munich to tour BMW AG and got to see and sit inside a few examples of the F20. They weren't able to take photos, but did offer their insight into the car. They say:

"... the interior is getting a significant upgrade in quality of materials. The new look will be much closer to the X3, 5 and 7 series interior design and layout. In fact every F20 I saw the dash of had at least a small screen a la the X3."

"Outside the shape is much more handsome than the previous 1er hatch. The three door especially has a great shape do it with the higher belt line making it feel slightly more coupe like."

"... the new F20 is noticeably taller and wider than the outgoing 1 Series. At one point I happened upon the two parked directly next to each other and was surprised that I could so easily see difference."

The next generation BMW 1-Series is currently in the mid phase of its public strip-tease, the most recent spyphotos have all the protective cladding off the car, with only the typical psychadelic swirl pattern left to cover up the shape. The 1-Series hatchback in 5 and 3-door variants is expected to make its world premiere at the Frankfurt Autoshow in September of this year, so expect a full internet reveal of the car before then. The US bound coupe variant would be expected to arrive 1 year later.

Hop on over to BimmerFile to read the full post!

[Source: BimmerFile]