View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
TonyManero
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 118i Sport - Alpine White

Thanks! The 18" & M-suspension for me has the perfect mix between tight and comfortable, you still feel ridges and lines on the road, but not annoyingly, bigger bumps are smoothed out very well. My previous car (the current A3 model) had 18" and lowered suspension as well (not the S-suspension though) and the 1 is very comparable, i think the 1 is a tad smoother. I like a tight ride though, one of the reasons I drive German, but it shouldn't be harsh. I want to be able to do drives of 1000+ kms and come out rested as well.

The wheels were around 1750 EUR as an upgrade from the alloys that cam with the Sports line.

Didn't go for the tinted windows as I don't like the difference between front and rear side windows.

It's difficult to describe a noise of course, but as the car is well isolated the engine sound is quite modest. As I just have it I don't want to hammer it too badly for now, but on the way back from work I rolled down the window when I accelerated fast from the traffic lights, and the sound is nice, but not overly sporty, I think you would need a Performance exhaust for that.

I think, and it's what I got from a couple of colleagues who own the old 1, the F20 is the matured version of E87, with a smoother ride, higher quality materials, slightly roomier and personally I like the Sport to Eco-Pro Control button as once on the highway I set it on Comfort or Eco-Pro as there I don't need the 'aggressiveness' of the Sport mode, except perhaps when overtaking, but even in Eco-Pro it's no slouch.
Appreciate 0