View Single Post
      05-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #36
Yellowflash
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i xdrive M package

I agree here with Bennzwel as I have the racechip installed for almost 3 weeks now.

In the past two weeks I keep the unit value at lowest settings which should provide me with between 18%-20% of increased performance per manifacture and it did and I think I even got even more hp/tq overall increase... (Just per personal experience).

It is true that ACS/Hartage offers overall better boost control as I noticed that boost comes too earl and bit too strong on WOT and when car is in second gear and below 2k RPM.

Nothing to much dangerous I'd say as turbine and engine should be capable to handle that load per experience.
While in the past few days I decided to give it a try and I have increased the Racechip settings from default to D2C switch with expected performance increase per manufacture to up to 22% - 25%.

Now if feel that boost pull below 2k RPM/2nd or even 3rd gear is very strong when you put the throttle over 60% which I didn't like it that much, but when you past the initial boost point the car simple flies very strong up to 5.5k.

In this situation there are two ways to keep your engine safe and use this power wisely by either Revving over 3k up to 4k in first gear then go wot in second as the turbine will be already moving. Or you have to be bit gentle on throttle aroun 1.8 -2.5k rpm range in 2nd and 3rd gear. Sudden boost push can't be felt that greatly from 4th gear.

Well, yes there is one more actually keep your car in comfort mode, and switch to sport when you're in higher gears, 4-5-6 and use it as you please.

I'd personally go with ACS if I planned to keep my car over 5+ years but, as I hope that I might switch my car in the next 2-3 years range. I thought it would be better to save the difference for my next car.

Good luck with whatever you guys pick!
Appreciate 0