View Single Post
      05-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #35
bennzwel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 Edition 30

I add some of my findings here hoping helps others.

I have been searching extensively and post threads here as well and read many others. Here is my findings :

While Racechip and SpeedBuster provide a relatively good products and they do add the boost, the main issue is the lack of enough integration with various sensors and the ECU. Those chips utilise one or two sensors for delta information and let the ECU to manage the rest. This leads to some complications which can result in excessive wear due to linear fuel mixture and high exhaust temperature.

ACS and Hartge utilise various sensors so the overall control in boost is better and prevents long term damage. And they only become active when engine reaches operating temperature.

Other advantage of above brands is the relatively evenly spread power increase across the rev.
While the others have a more definite peak then they drop .

ACS seems to keep the power and torque increase to high revs (around 5900).

The other aspect is the warranty provided. Racechip does not provide any warranty if there is a damage caused by their device to the engine.

The price is important and I have struggled to justify paying almost double the price for ACS but long term I think it's the best choice.

Just consider at what cost you getting the extra power? And what consequences to expect after couple of years.

Thanks
Appreciate 0