View Single Post
      12-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
alebrero
Rep
Drives: f20 118d

Cruise control retrofit - your advice/experience

Guys,

I made a huge mistake by not including cruise control among my f20's factory options. The multifunction wheel has the LIM button so I am told that a retrofitted cruise may be possible.

Here are the components to it: the part, the coding and the work needed.

Cruise control part: I have found the piece on eBay for 200 Euro. My official BMW dealer can also order it for 200 Euro.

Coding: I have asked a "remote coder" (someone who connects to your car remotely though a windows laptop and internet) and his price is fair (50 Euro). My dealer asks 250 Euro for the coding (!!).

Work: I have found a guy who knows how to intall the part it but he's hesitant about the coding (he does not know how to use e-sys but he says there is other software). My dealer will ask some 200 Euro (!)

The problem here is that NOONE knows if the coding will work or not. Not even my dealer, who is told by the electrician that "the car must be left coding all night". The remote coder says it can activate it easily, but he cannot guarantee it will work. The guy at the garage says he can try but has never coded a F20 before.

What is your experience in coding it? is it done with the touch of a button or does it require leaving the car coding for several hours?

I would appreciate your advice/experience.

Alex
Appreciate 0