View Single Post
      03-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #26
Smileysteve
England
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Urban

I took my F20 120D Urban in to the dealers this week for one or two issues to be looked at and they said they had a couple of extra things to do fitting your descriptions. But the reprogramming didn't work, apparently it killed the blower and they are also waiting for a new ECU (I have now found out the correct technical name is the IHKA control unit) to be delivered from Germany. So I will be without my car for at least a week. I now have a hire car provided by BMW Customer Service for the next six days after already having a courtesy car for two days. So I am being looked after by BMW under the circumstance.
I have never taken a car in for work and it ending up being in a worst state than it started in lol
I was experiencing whistling from the blower in certain settings and mainly from cold start.
The turbo also whistles excessively for the first minute or so from cold, but I have been advised that is normal.
The other problem I have is discomfort from the half leather seat due to in my opinion poor trim design, but I think I will start a new thread for that.

Last edited by Smileysteve; 04-03-2012 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: Technical clarification of the problem
Appreciate 0