First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Canadian Dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
I must say BMW is certainly ignoring Canada ... we have some fine Dealerships in Canada and only one is mentioned.
I am pretty sure that they were referring to a dealership in Ontario CAlifornia.

I think BMW Canada is a separate entity from BMW USA.

The dealership model is an unfortunate inconvenience for automotive enthusiasts. It is a necessary evil, manufacturers want as little to do with customers as possible.

The dealers are a buffer between the customer and manufacturers, they also provide inventory management, and some sort of infrastructure to facilitate the sale process, as well as dealing with defects and maintenance.

Personally, I avoid dealers whenever possible, they don't actually fix anything, they just replace parts, as they get paid for warranty work by the manufacturer, so if they don't get it the first time, then they get to bill for it again.

I have had much better luck with Endras over BMW Toronto for service. At BMW Toronto, I think if you wear a nice suit and drive a 7 series, you probably receive better service, than jeans and a 1 series (me). There are enough Banksters and lawyers in Toronto to keep them busy.

When I lived in California, I drove Porsche / Audi products, and I was close to Andial for service, and they were amazing. After picking up my car from the dealership, I would rarely return.

Unfortunately, I have not yet found good independent BMW service in Canada close to where I live, thankfully, I have only had to have the HPFP replaced in my 135 once, and it was done efficiently, and I got a mini loaner which was fun.

Last edited by bueller; 03-09-2012 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0