11-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
I really wish we got the F20/F21 in Canada. I think it would actually do very well here. If its priced competitively with the VW Golf it would do extremely well. I would love to add either an F20 or F21 128 xdrive with the 8 speed auto to my stable. I think it would make an excellent highway cruiser and would get easily 40+ mpg highway.

BMW should bring it over as an experiment to see how the NA market would react to it to expand it to the US. But since the Canadian market is smaller its less of a gamble. Hopefully once the free trade agreement between Canada and the EU is in place we'll start to see them because import taxes will be negligible.
I think the reason that BMW isn't bringing the F20 and F21 to North America is precisely because it would do well. So well, in fact, that it would probably significantly cannibalize sales of the bread-and-butter 3-series.

It's perhaps a bit ironic that BMW now feels the need to bring an F26 (2-series Gran Coupe) to market in order to appeal to people who think the F30 is too large of a platform for their needs and aren't buying into a BMW this generation. I wonder if these people would have purchased an F20 or F21 if it was available. Speaking for myself, that answer would be yes.

Still, good news about the F26...
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0