United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Joe, good looking rig.

Dave
Thanks.

After handling one at the local shop, reading all the reviews; the price point was too good to pass up. I think i'm all in for $650. While i haven't handled any Gitzo equipment many of the reviewers who owned Gitzo equipment said the Sirui tripods seemed to be on the same level of quality.

Who knows, but my initial impression is that it's good stuff. 6 year warranty, so even if the tripod and head both broke at 6 years + 1 day, i feel like i'm ok with that. I'd pay $110/year to have a set up like this at my disposal. (assuming it's in good working order each year) That's the big question mark i guess. But i was reading reviews about this brand that were from 2009. So while i haven't heard of them before, i don't think they are a brand new manufacture.

Headed to Bar Harbor Maine at the end of the month. Hope to get some interesting coastline, slow shutter shots. Just need to get that ND filter wrapped up.