07-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #20
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Once upon a time, people bought BMWs because they wanted well crafted performance cars with great handling, straight off the showroom floor. Fuel consumption was never their prime concern.
I remember I always felt a need to modify my previous BMWs quite a lot, like putting coilovers in, adding camber and replacing swaybars. With the F20, I don't have to. It works right out of the showroom floor.

Quote:
Whilst I do understand that the cost of fuel is very high in some counties, and a 1er fits the bill on affordability, it has to be said. If you are going to drive it around without A/C or even a fan running or pussyfoot the gas pedal in Eco pro to save that extra litre, you should have bought a different car. You could have bought another car for half the price and kept the difference in cost in the bank and put that towards your fuel bill.
When I drove the 5.1 L/100 km trip, I had the A/C running, and I didn't use Eco Pro. I admit that I was running low RPM and trying to avoid braking to keep the consumption down, but on a boring road, there is not much else to do.

The 116i is actually very good at this game, but it can't beat the F20/F21 diesels, of course.

Quote:
I hear 'But I wanted a BMW'
Drive a BMW for its 'Driving' pleasure.
If all you are concerned about is saving on fuel costs, buy a BMW bicycle
Or maybe even better, a BMW i3.
Appreciate 0