Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
I agree but the problem is China has officially overtaken USA as BMW's 2nd largest market outside of Deutschland. Do you really believe Chinese are buying BMW for what it was? I hate to say these but majority of them are buying it for the brand, badge & prestige (cough... cough...). They will not care if the ride is getting softer, they will not care if it doesn't have rear independent suspension, they are willing to buy it regardless of the design.

Most of us can boycott, it will still sell in hugh volume at the end of the day.

If BMW has to go down this route, I will rather them be profitable, stay in the business & make some awesome machine every now & then.
lol and you really think the majority of BMW buyers in North America are any different. I think you fail to understand that the enthusiasts on this board represent only a fraction of BMW buyers in North America/the rest of the world. There is likely an equally large percentage of BMW buyers in North America that are only buying for the badge/prestige.
Appreciate 0