Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M539

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [10.00]
My F20 116dA - M Sport, Valencia Orange, 17" M383

Hey guys!

I think its about time to make my own thread, after I have been commenting (and helping if possible) others since I joined (June 8th) and already gathered over 100 posts . So here is a short text about me, and one about my new car .

I'll start of with introducing myself. My name is - who would have guessed it - Thomas, and I'm from the Stuttgart area in southwestern germany. I've been driving BMW's since I got a license 10yrs back, mostly E30s back then, and my last car was a 2005 built 118d I bought back in 2009. I also tend to "gather" information of any kind on my car/BMWs in general . I dislike not knowing stuff .

Since mid-2011 I went from disliking the F20-pics they showed over somewhat liking it after seeing it irl, then quite liking it after driving it, over "lets see if I can sell my E87", to eventually ordering a new one exactly 6 weeks ago, after the day I sold my E87 to a french M3-driver. Pics and some infos on my old E87 can be found in my Garage. I am going to pick up my F20 in Munich (BMW Welt) next thursday afternoon!

That should do the trick concerning the "about me"-part, lets proceed to my new toy:

2012 BMW 116d 5-door hatch
  • 8-speed automatic gearbox
  • M sport package
  • Valencia Orange metallic
  • Anthracite Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery
  • 17" M alloy wheels Star-spoke style 383M
  • High-gloss black interior trim finishers
  • Aluminium Hexagon interior trim
  • Multi-function controls for steeringwheel
  • Runflat tires
  • Armrest front, adjustable
  • Sport seats front
  • Foglights
  • M Sport suspension
  • M steering wheel
  • M aerodynamic bodykit
  • Exterior trim High-gloss Shadowline
  • Headlining anthracite
  • Driver comfort package
  • Bluetooth hands-free with USB audio interface
  • Cruise control with brake function
  • Variable sport steering
  • Adaptive xenon headlight package
  • Xenon headlights
  • Adaptive cornering light
  • High-beam assist
  • Headlight washer
  • Visibility package in combination with M sport package
  • Rear-view mirror, auto dimming
  • Rear headrests foldable
  • Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation
  • Sun protection glass
  • Ext. mirros, folding and auto dimming
  • Lumbar support, front
  • Heated seats, front
  • Park distance control, rear
  • Light package
  • Full black panel display
  • Radio Professional (incl. iDrive and 6,5" screen)
  • HiFi System (the middle way, not HK)
  • Floormats Velour

As you might imagine, I've been eyeing the threads with the other VO-M sport cars, and I am basically living of their pictures . On a sidenote I may mention, that I actually ordered the car in white in the first place, but it was in fact THIS very picture of our own jonaslarsson, that made me call my dealer and change the order to Valencia Orange!

I already got the VIN and the papers for the insurance. The car was build on June 22nd, according to the VIN, and I am going to register it tomorrow! Then its just one more week until I'll catch a train to Munich and pick it up!

So long, I hope you guys appreciate my little orange toy. I will definately provide pictures as soon as I got the car and took some!

Regards from germany
Thomas

Oh, what I can offer right now:
According to the configurator, it'll look exactly like this:

No more 1-series. Just a '14 Focus Diesel Wagon company-daily. Oh and this one..
Appreciate 0