Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
Pssst, think you must have forgotten what you said about the Fiero:

A little wisdom for Efthreeoh:
"When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"*
-Will Rogers

Yes I did, and it is an exact true statement. I Also wrote this five posts later (before you decided to interject youself into the discussion...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
It (the Fiero automated spaceframe manufacturing process) was quite an endeavor for its time and was studied heavily by both business and production disciplines during its development.
So stop trying to twist the truth.
This is what BMW wrote in the press piece:

"October 1988: the Z1 – a radically different approach to development and construction.

The Z1 truly was different from the ground up. A self-supporting monocoque construction made up of individual sheet-steel parts constituted the car’s backbone." guess we both know this is wrong... wasn't so "radical" was it?

And then BMW wrote this:

"Despite these advantages, the BMW engineers acknowledged that 'it would appear impossible in the foreseeable future to use a larger amount of plastic for making the exterior of mass-produced vehicles'."

Hummm... The Pontiac Transport and Oldsmobile Silhouette were both all-plastic outer skin vehicles of the same construction design as the Fiero and Z1. Both the Transport and Silhouette being minivans, they were much larger than the Z1; and the Transport was first sold in 1989. I guess BMW was wrong about that one too. GM figured out how to do it...

Talk about digging holes...
Appreciate 0