06-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #53
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1thomas View Post
Exactly. M = in Bumper, Line = above plate.
Indeed, that's the reason why.
I never considered the M version as I'd rather go for a more classic, less aggressive style.

So far I have to say the car is pure joy. I can certainly feel the difference between the BMW's auto gearbox and the VW DSG system (which I've been driving for a few years). The gear change response is as immediate and the rear wheel drive push is just amazing.
It's fun changing gears sequentially, but the coolest thing so far is when you want to go back to P from sequential driving... Just push the P button on top of the stick, then hands off the stick and it goes back to the central position on its own, no need for the driver to move it to the right, back into central position, if you know what I mean.

Something I really appreciate is being able to comfortably move your legs without bumping into any lateral obstacle (like in many cars nowadays, they fit the central console in such a way that you feel enclosed in a sort of F1 cubicle, but that's not the case with the F20's console layout.

The boot is bigger than I expected, two big pieces of luggage will fit ok. It's a shame nothing can be stored under the boot mat as it's where the battery is placed.

However, that's just a minor thing and I have to say this is just a great little car and a I can't wait for the summer holidays to arrive and have fun!!
Appreciate 0