06-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #20
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Agree.

I bought "lifetime warranty" front axles for my Audi from Raxles, they failed I tried to use the warranty but problem was if you use needed to use the car daily it was almost impossible to make it worth the trouble.

File a claim, remove the axles from the car, send them to Raxles (I think buyer pays shipping each way), they evaluate the axles and fix or replace them and send them back to you. Car is down for at least a couple of weeks and with a lot of hassles, then they don't pay labor.

Also, when I first called them they told me the axles couldn't have failed so quickly and it had to be something else. Told me to run a number of checks and me or someone needed to check all of the suspension components and bushings. Bought new OEM axles and threw theirs away (problem solved and for many years so it was the axles). Warranty was close to useless unless you had another car to drive.

I would check out the details of the warranty and figure out how you would use it before counting on in it to be of value. I bought a $20 box fan recently that came with a "lifetime warranty". If it failed I just needed to pay shipping to and back from their facility. I guess "Lifetime Warranty" looks good on the box....
Read FCP's policy. You buy the new part, then request a return, ship old the part back at your cost, then refund you for the new part. That avoids your issue of having the car down.

Last edited by tdott; 06-19-2018 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0