View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #243
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Update 1: So we may not have gotten a Supra, but all was not lost! We were lucky enough to get up close and personal with the BMW Z4 concept, and while it is just a concept, it did allow us to get a feel for the platform and it's general proportions.

So the show was an absolute madhouse, with the world's press swarming every car, and the constant click and clack of a thousand DSLR shutters going off constantly. This isn't my first press event, but it was certainly the biggest. Luckily we got to the Z4 without too much trouble and were able to get relatively close up to it.

Here you can see how long the hood is. Certainly no SLS AMG, but definitely long for the size of the car. The concept itself appears to be maybe 10-20% bigger than what I believe the actual dimensions to be, so imagine this but just at a smaller scale.

The rear is certainly striking to look at. The lights are definitely impressive and really are the focal point of the rear end.

he wheels are pretty standard-fare BMW. 20s with Michelin Cup 2s, but who knows what we'll get in a production car. Take note of the BMW Hubs in their typical lug-bolt-style, 5x120 pattern. Let's just say that you guys you should get familiar with these...

I can appreciate a good buttress.

The interior on this concept is just that, a concept. While definitely cool to look at, you're not gonna see this in any production cars.

The front end is aite, I suppose. I'm not a huge fan, so I'll be really happy to see the Toyota version whenever we are lucky enough to see it.

So that's the Z4! It's no Supra, but definitely still a sight for sore eyes after the (lame) Toyota Briefing this morning. I'll continue to update this thread as I get pictures edited of the various cars of the show. The Mazda Kai Concept was definitely a show favorite!
http://www.supramkv.com/threads/albo...eo-thread.676/
Appreciate 0