United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopQuark
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Cool numbers but who is to say the A7 potential buyer didnt buy and A6 which is not listed, bmw 6 buyer disnt buy 4 series? The conclusion that its all or even in part tesla is a an assumption. I would like to know what tesla owners previous cars were (the full history). My guess is that many of them had ferrari maserati and other supercars and wanted something greener yet sporty. The lost of sales in hih luxury cars youve listed? I would guess is more of a downsizing to lower models or switching to other brands some ICE not in large part tesla
It's not the potential buyers who downgraded. It's the price range the cars are selling and buyers are willing to pay. The vehicles listed in the table are within the same price bracket.

Being from the Bay Area, the buyers are not those driving the top end cars. Yes, there are some who sold their S-class and Ferrari for the Model S but most of the buyers are the C/E class and 3/5 series buyers who are upgrading their vehicles. Of course, this is just a small sample of the whole population. But if you look how many Model S are selling relative to, say, Ferrari, the 25k vehicles for 1 year is huge. Beating the Mercedes S-class and combined BMW 6/7 series in their game within a span of merely 4 years is not something anyone should take granted for.
Tesla has 7500 tax advantage and dealership advantage, plus hype. Take any of those 3 away and you have equilibrium .
Appreciate 0