View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 07:06 PM   #370
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenSS94 View Post
F20 116i, owned for allmost 1 year, been good up to lately for when i started to get a rattling diesel kind of sound when i accelerate and engine brake, its only during load on the car and i've started to get the Drivetrain warning triangle on the display.

1.Took the car to a dealer, found out it ran on 3 to 4 cylinders, one bad coil and 4 sparkplugs that i got replaced, car ran much better, but didnt fix the rattling noise.

2. Took the car back to the dealer since i picked it up as they were closing, rattling sound intensified abit more, strangely enough the they now found out the engine was missing oil (filled allmost 3L) which i assumed fixed solve the rattle noise, but no oil leak afaik checking the areas where i've parked and no oil under the engine.

3. Got the same drivetrain warning triangle, turned off AC and sound volume to listen to the engine if it got the same rattle. It was, but in a much less significant manner. Anyone have got any experience on this? At this point i might aswell get my own diagnostics equipment for later use.

Ps. Original engine spec with no chiptuning.
3 litres of oil added? Do you know there's 4.2 litres of dry capacity and 1 litre lack allowance? (Do you even know you should watch the oil level?) With more than 1 litre absent you must have got an error "Add 1 litre of oil immediately!" (and, unless your car is 2012 lacking the oil level measuring function yet, "Add 1 litre of oil within the next 200 km." warning when about 1 litre is missing).

Regarding rattling (I don't know about "diesel kind"), here you are: https://f20.1addicts.com/forums/show...1&post23710421. Regarding the coil replacement, I would replace them all at once, not just one: they can be, reportedly, a source of "floating" error hard to detect sometimes.

Last edited by No one; 07-31-2020 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Reverted an unnecessary clarification.
Appreciate 0