Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno28 View Post
oh nice!

where did you get that cool key cover?
Dealer gave it to me! But I priced them, not that expensive. They available in the colour lines of the 1 and 3 series, but you could simply choose one with a red highlight for example if your car is red or a plain black as its just nice to protect the key.

They gave my mom one with a cream highlight, meant for an urban line 1 I think but matches her 5 series oyster interior. The 5 series don't come with a colour spider on the key itself.

Only thing is it attaches with a special tool to screw it in, a non standard type Allen key. Not that there is ever much reason to take it off as you'd attach the rest of your keys to the small clip on the side, but don't lose the tool!

Edit for pic of the key box showing different colours available.

And to show the urban line cover, chosen presumably because it matches the oyster interior quite nicely. Note the 5 series key has an extra button. Turns on the exterior lights (or is set up for different markets to activate the alarm) Come on BMW, give your humble 1 series drivers an extra button! It's just another 'nice to have!

Last edited by diesel20; 04-02-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0