View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
richall
Rep
Drives: bmw 1 series 116 ed

I have given myself 2 weeks to write this little review to make sure i was not writing on the spur of the moment .
The BMW 116ED is everything i hoped it would be and more, a lot more power than i expected especially in sport mode,but the ride is something to behold its just so smooth and comfortable i feel i could drive all day and never get bored .
The fuel consumption as been good especially as the weather as been so cold averaging a very pleasing 53 mpg which considering i only have a 3 mile journey to work and back each day so the engine doesn't even get warm them days .
The colour is very decieving it looks nearly a black in dark light, but when i went to my local shopping centre and parked in the indoor car park under artificial lighting its a green colour so much so my wife walked past the car not thinking it was ours i will post some pictures when we actually get a nice day and the colour will show better .
The interior and exterior just oozes class when you look back after parking up and see the nose looking like a shark it gives you goosebumps you may think that's a bit over the top but after 6 years driving a zafira then you may understand .
I had wished i had got the extended bluetooth as my android phone only handles phone calls but not text messages, my wife as a iphone and says to try hers but don't want to in case it works due to my hatred of anything itunes meaning I will contemplate buying a iphone .
My only other gripe is the way other drivers drive so close behind weather this is a jealousy issue or a macho issue i'm not too sure especially the local 18 year old dickheads in there vauxhall corsa's but when i get a clear road and change into sport mode that puts them in there place .
So overall i'm ecstatic with my car so need to find my next dream to realise maybe that could be in 3 years time when i change my car i think my next dream could be 135i M sport
Appreciate 0