View Single Post
      05-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
max2005b
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizx View Post
BS. I had my ECU tuned a few months ago. No drilling. The ECU had to be removed, but it can't be traced. Absolutely no signs of it. This was done in Bangkok, and I know the whole procedure. The tune itself comes from McChip-DKR.
Hi Mr. "know the whole procedure".

You ECU has numerous traces of flashing, both physical and digital.
The current method requires the physical opening of the ECU box which is tightly glued (or drilling through the sticker as a second option).

In case you accidentally hurt your engine/gearbox and BMW would have to replace your engine under warranty, it will cost them a lot of money, which, like any other revenue-based firm, they do not want to spend. In that case, they will examine your ECU and will encounter the first physical evidence, the superglue being re glued (extremely easy to spot). Let's say they don't trust this evidence. Any current flashing method leaves traces of flashing in more than 3 different logging/auditing memory areas on your ECU, without the ability (currently) to delete. If this is not enough, they will plug your ECU to their scanner and the checksum light will blink right away. When the checksum light is blinking, it means that the software on your ECU is not original. That easy.

So next time you spit disinformation, check yourself, or else other people will trust your lack of knowledge and I'm guessing you are not going to pay for their new engine, right? Let people know what they are doing.

Oh, and do yourself a favor, if you are being stupid enough to drive around with your Bimmer, in a residential area, and watch your phone's screen while holding it in one hand and risking other people's life, don't upload it to Youtube.
Appreciate 2