02-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #78
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Well, when you don't like the xDrive trend, just have some patience for a few years, since everything above 300hp/500Nm will become AWD. I just read that the F30 335d will only be available in xDrive, just like the M550d. I'am pretty certain the M5/6 will join fast.

The 1M you're driving is a splendid car, but it would have been greater with the xDrive. It wouldn't have made you less entertained on Francorchamps either. Pulling a hand brake is also possible on a xDrive, and yes, it puts power down on the rear first to propagate over-power slides. The difference is that you won't waste so much torque in frying your rear tires but instead put it in propulsion.

Just look at the car and driver M5/6 comparo, you'll find on this forum somewhere... What a waste: all this smoked rubber could have been converted to traction instead. It's clear why a GTR is so effective!
Here I also divert from your opinion despite the fact that clinically speaking you are "right": But I can't even think about the 1M without rwd and whatever efficiency and rear bias the xdrive would provide doesn't really matter in that sense.

A GT-R or like sure are more efficient but they are not as much fun as a 1M. And going faster and/or safer from one point to another is not the synonym for a fun vehicle, it may well be just the opposite. 1M is safe enough and efficient enough for my like and it is crazy fun, so that's what I want if I have just one car.

I would buy the M135i in xdrive, auto and 5 door especially if it wouldn't be my only car. I wouldn't change a thing about the 1M though. I hope you understand why.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0