Thread: Dumb auto q's
View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

The stop start can be changed to reset the mode on start by your dealer. I had mine reset by the dealer to whatever it is set to when you cut the engine is what you have when you start up. I did not like the stop start and now do not have to use it, unless I want to.
In reference to a quick take off, the 1er 8 speed Auto has hill assist so if you take your foot off the brake you stay put and have a few seconds to throttle up. If you want a quick take off in a 125i or M135i just left foot the foot brake, take up the lag so that the machine wants to move, the low end of the turbo boost will kick at around 1300 rpm, anticipate the light change then just plant your foot.

Personally I have found just giving it some throttle in Sport mode works a treat at the lights. Flat to the floor take offs are quite impressive.

If you have paddles, and want to go from a rolling slow/stop to GO, throw it into 'Sport' or Sport+ with the lever pushed over into the manual side, flick the down paddle and throttle up as the lights change, then just flick it up a cog as the red line approaches. FUN, FUN, FUN
Appreciate 0