02-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #1
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
M135i; forgotten by the media already

This might not apply to the US but here in the UK, despite nothing but rave reviews, five star ratings (which it has retained), glowing long term reports, amazing on line video reviews, it looks like the media has already tired of the last six cylinder, RWD hatch ever made.

Now it's all about the Focus RS (capable, but questionable image, a 4 pot engine and lots of weight), Golf R (finally losing its tarnish) and revamped A45. The RS3 was forgotten almost as soon as it was launched.

Doesn't dent my huge admiration for the car which still makes me grin every time I start it, still makes me whoop when I floor it, still makes me chuckle when I tackle a few tight S bends in it. But it shows how fickle the press is, how quickly they get bored, how much they don't live in the real World.

Evo is the worst by miles.

I've had journos openly admit they do just get bored quickly and are keen on the latest thing even if it's not very good.

I'll be hanging onto mine for a while; bought properly, well looked after, still a brilliant little car that does trans Europe blasts as well as it does country road hooning and it's even very good on track.

Balls to all the Faux Wheel Drive, four pot, white goods pretenders.
Appreciate 0