KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Pay out of pocket.

Here's my experience: A few years ago I was in an accident with my Exige. The claim was right around $30k. They paid the entire thing and my premium barely changed. About six months later I hit a giant buck with my DD Altima SE-R. That claim was about $3k. My rates went through the roof. NOT because of the Lotus accident, but because I had two accidents in close succession which, regardless of the dollar amounts, put me into a high risk category as the frequency of incidents increased. Had I paid for the Altima accident out of pocket, I don't think my rates would have increased nearly as much as they did. My insurance company actually told me that was the case as well. Lesson learned.

Also, you're wasting money by having a low ($500) deductible. You should always pay out of pocket for any incident under $2k anyway so it makes sense to have a $1k-2k deductible and save yourself a nice chunk on premiums.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0