View Single Post
      07-03-2016, 11:13 PM   #29
bmc335
Bimmer? I don't even know'er!
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 550i M Sport

I'm all for a fully autonomous vehicle for the daily commute - or sending it to pick someone/something up for you.

But in reality, I don't think getting this type of technology to the point of say - the same level of risk you take when flying a commercial airline or better (because that's what people will expect even though they assume far more risk than that when the get behind the wheel today)- unless there are some major changes to our roadways and all other vehicles on those roadways so that these 'autonomous' vehicles can interact and take input in better ways. We simply just can't code for all scenario's, we would have to limit the scope by controlling the whole thing. I think at that point it might have a fighting chance. Otherwise, people will die while we try to make it as low risk as possible which will in turn scare people away from it...

But I've never looked deeply at how they make these work today and what the success/failure rate is - maybe its better than I think it is...
Appreciate 0