View Single Post
      12-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #36
RMech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Well i use the same stock tyres. And a 1 hz gps device is not quite as accurate as a 10 hz gps logger. Especially not in acceleration tests. Your phone gps will only refresh 1 time per second while the gps logger will do so 10 times per second.

But if you are happy with it good for you i started with obd reader then bought xgps pro and used that with racechrono and ended up with a racelogic performance box anyways. Its very reliable if you want accurate data.
I would imagine that the greatest chance for error when using the wifi obd reader in combination with mobile phone app is the car's tachometer. I don't know how accurate this should be, however I would like to think that a car that has only done 2500 miles would be reasonably accurate. I would not expect the rate at which the obd is scanning and transmitting the data, to the phone to impact upon the accuracy (this is probably done in milli or micro seconds).

Unfortunately I don't have any way to accurately check my tachometer, so I will have to take the obd data on face value, but I would say that errors can go either way i.e. both plus and minus.
Appreciate 0