View Single Post
      02-25-2017, 01:15 AM   #24
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroLeXz View Post
I'm interested, what's the best year to look for?
Right on! I don't know of a lot of huge differences between the years the cars were produced (2006-2008). I know the 2006 models don't have TPMS sensors, but other than that I think all the model years are the same (perhaps an aux input on 07-08 cars as well?).

The cars are extremely reliable even in their advanced age, as there just isn't a lot to go wrong. Like every S54, you should keep an eye on rod bearings and the VANOS bolts, and the motor does require a valve adjustment every 30k miles or so depending on how it's been driven. However as far as electronics etc., the car is just a tank. It suffers none of the problems the Z3Ms had with the rear subframe etc.

Depending on whether you want a Coupe or a Roadster, the differences in price can be significant. Expect to pay anywhere from $6-8k more for a Coupe. For me however, the choice in getting a Roadster was a no brainer. I love open top motoring, and the Z4M Roadster suffers none of the rigidity issues as most convertibles (it's more stiff than the Z3M Coupe!!). You could probably find a very nice Z4M Roadster with around 40-50k miles for $20k (maybe less!). They are just fantastic cars, and I couldn't recommend enough getting one of your own!
Appreciate 0