View Single Post
      06-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #85
8y8
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i; Porsche Panamera

Hi adamw99 - Its unfortunately a bad time to be selling a used M135i as you obviously know. I can completely understand your frustrations. Its inconceivable how BMW can lower their prices on a premium product so significantly. Did they get it so wrong to start off with?? That does not help you, though.

With regards to your car... Things going against your car are the fact that you have had it for sale for a while, you are in NT, the fact that a buyer has to add on-road costs (stamp duty, etc to their purchase price) and that you can probably get a newly built auto with no options (but all the latest additional inclusions) for about 70K easily if not cheaper (have not tried to bargain with a dealer). So, how much is a reasonable write-down for your car which has lesser options, 10000 kms and 1 year old used car?I reckon its a minimum 15% (or 10.5K). So, I reckon (unfortuantely!) you should advertise it for very low 60s and accept high 50s (above which, a buyer will have to pay additional stamp duties, etc). This is consistent with Redbook.

Again, I can't understand how BMW can cut prices so much and disadvantage presumably loyal and committed past customers. On the positive side, your car is the only manual on carsales, is a great colour combination and will be cheapest by far on carsales ... so may get more if you are lucky and find the right buyer. Good luck with it....
Appreciate 0