View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #74
spamund
Rep
Drives: M135i (on order)

Hi Guys.

Newbie here from Perth.

Great discussion and info all round!

So we heard of the price reductions on the m135i over the weekend, and went straight to the dealer, who weren’t even aware of the price cuts in the first instance – they had to check, and came back to confirm that the reductions were $3.5k for manual, and $7.5k for auto.

Therefore, new and old prices are as follows:

- Manual: $73,926 driveaway (down from $77,426)
- Auto: $74,186 driveaway (down from $81,686)

What we didn’t know at that stage (and the dealer did not tell us, perhaps out of ignorance as well at that stage) was that several key options such as auto transmission, pro nav and front / rear PDC now came standard!

We went ahead and picked a manual (which is what we wanted anyway) in alpine white, with the following options:

- Pro Nav (now standard, which we initially thought was a $3.5k option)
- Front and rear PDC (now standard, which we thought was a $675 option)
- Rearview camera (which we thought was a $900 option)
- Park assist (we did not choose this, but was told after our offer was accepted that this was part of the Advanced Parking Package, which includes PDS and rearview camera, and now only costs $1,100 for the lot!)

We negotiated and eventually agreed on a price of $72.8k driveaway, which was pretty much the “new” recommended driveaway price after a 1.5% corporate discount, including the above options “thrown in for free”. We paid the deposit, and the car will be July built, for September delivery.

Upon accepting our offer, the dealer commented that “sat nav is now included as standard”, which made us realise that we really only had a $1,100 benefit (on the Parking Package), if at all! If we knew about this before we made the offer, we would negotiated differently - perhaps picked other non-standard options (e.g. M adaptive running gear, which we really want), or even lowered our offer. However, the dealer said that our offer was the lowest they could accept in any event – but now with the benefit of hindsight, of course.

So now we’re not sure if we actually got a good deal, or even ended up paying too much!

Here’s the breakdown of costs:

- Car, dealer delivery and options: $65.6k (we have no breakdown of of this, so we're not sure how much dealer delivery was charged)
- LCT: $1.9k
- Stamp duty: $4.6k
- Rego: $580
- TOTAL: $72.8k

Has anyone ordered an m135i recently, especially over the last few days (after the price reduction announcement)? If so, would be grateful if we could have some advice on the price paid.

On a separate note, does anyone think that the M adaptive running gear is worth having? I have read reviews that it’s really a worthwhile option. I like the idea of being able to soften the ride if required, but am also concerned at the same time about future repair costs / issues, especially after warranty runs out.

Thanks for reading, and I hope the above information would also help those thinking of ordering a car anytime soon!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0