Math
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoBem007 View Post
I drove a 125d MT they had at Bornem, it was a EB with full M-Performance.
Someone must have crashed that car because its no longer available to test
I actually saw someone leaving with an M5 the day I was there and 30 mins later I saw the car on the side of the A12 completely crashed and missing a rear wheel! I suppose it happens to often with test cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoBem007 View Post
If you're pushing it, the manual needs too much attention. I prefer to be able to focus on the road and what's happening with the car than having to waste time shifting gears. Maybe it was because of the M-Performance gear knob which is an extremely short and small gear knob. Also, I drive about 600km/week and a great part of that in heavy traffic so I prefer an automatic when I'm in the traffic jams.

The automatic shifts faster than you can with the manual. Fuel consumption is lower because you have 8 gears in stead of 6. Gear shifting in Sport and Sport+ is swift and correct.

Nothing to hate about the auto box, even though I was a manual lover
I can see your point, I can appreciate that the auto box works as a charm, i just dont feel it like that..
I have to go with Ovekvam on this one, it all just comes naturally without thinking. Especially in daily driving, not even talking about the track driving he does..

Anyway, so long as you're happy with your amazing car and the transmission in it, thats the main thing!

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!
Appreciate 0