Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Then how would they provide upgrades for the LCI models?
By changing the styling of the taillight, LED before, LED after, just different shapes and/or designs...

------

To all of those *****ing again about FWD BMW's, there has been a FWD BMW out for YEARS, *cough* Mini *cough.*

Mini = FWD
Mini = Fantastic
Mini = BMW

Therefore

A FWD BMW will be Fantastic, GTFOver it...
I for one agree with you and don't see what the knee jerk foul cry over BMW doing FWD on its compact 1er.

FWD handling can be great and lots of fun too. Heard of the little 1.8L car called the ITR? Is that kind of car for me now? Nope, been there done that and have moved on but doesn't mean BMW should lose out on that market segment and draw those people at that stage of their car "career" into the brand and keep them for life. I know many stay with VW, Audi because of their "first love" was VW Golf. Get the picture?

BMW is a whole range car company, NOT like Aston, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. Others already pointed out the packaging drawback on RWD compact for those with practicality in mind.

Will I buy a FWD BMW? Not for myself but maybe for my wife as she resumes driving and she prefers small yet stylish SPORTY (not sports) cars. MINI Cooper S is her current top choice, so if the 1er drives as well (or even better) and has better (in her opinion coz it's her car) interior and options than the MCS, then we'll be getting the 1er over MCS.

That's an real example of why BMW is doing this. End of story.
Appreciate 0