tawia
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 125d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma
as one of the dying breed of audiophiles, and the owner of the standard system due to it being f*g overpriced, my two pence says that the construction of the door card and in particular the ability of it to cope with pressure differential in front of versus behind the speaker cone is the most important factor. "its all about the housing"

also Harman International aren't what I would call a premium speaker brand. Neither are the bose ones audi plonk in. Put in something from B&W or Castle and I will consider it.
I'm an audio engineer, went through several years of education, have a trained ear and have many hours listening to the best of the best monitors in very expensive treated studios. perfect listening condition you just don't get anywhere else. I agree, Bose are just a marketing success, but for the money the HK system is very good. I have tested it with my usual reference material and altho not perfect, its very good and gets a thumbs up. At this price its a bargain and would recommend to anyone.
Appreciate 0